The new Docfrac has reached an exciting stage – I now have a working end-to-end implementation. This has been written in Qt, as Borland C++ Builder 3 is now terribly terribly old (although a new version is available).
As a bonus of using Qt, the UI shall be available for the first time on Linux. Mac OS X may follow in the future.
- Adding files to batch
- Removing files from batch
- Converting files
- Paste files
- Drag and drop files
- Worker thread for conversion
- About box – huzzah!
What’s not done:
- Progress bar
- Changing properties once files are added to the batch
- Packaging (RPM, MSI)
- Saving previous values (e.g. last open dialog directory, properties)
What will not be done in this release:
- Mac OS X version
- COM version (may be replaced with a .NET assembly)
See you around!